19 August 2007

My Fan Club

The other day, my wife noted the many free fans (called uchiwa in Japanese) that I have amassed over the past couple of years. In the summer, there are many people promoting their companies' products on street corners by handing out fans adorned with the company logo, or product information. The way I see it, though, is that it's a free way to cool off a little in hot and sticky Osaka. So whenever I come across a free uchiwa, I take advantage and grab it. I know you guys are interested in knowing what kind of fans I have collected, right? So here they are. (Actually, the one above wasn't really a promotional giveaway; I got it at an udon restaurant in Kagawa Prefecture. Udon is a thick noodle served in broth; Kagawa is famous for it.)


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment