24 November 2005

That's The Way Of The World

I swear to you I'm not making this up. I get on the train this morning to go to the office. I stand in a space right in front of this salaryman jamming to his headphones. He looks up, takes one glance at me, then looks at his iPod, presses a few buttons, and starts listening to his music at a very high volume. It was so easy to hear the music, and when I did, I noticed he was listening to some Earth Wind and Fire! I guess seeing me in all my blackness put him in the mood for some 70s funk. You never know, man, you never know.

2 comments:

  1. That's cool! I'm still waiting for someone to start blasting the theme song to "Once Upon a Time in China" next to me in the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speaking of Earth, Wind and Fire, I've still never heard them, but I took a Senior Seminar in the undergraduate English department in preparation for applying to graduate school. The topic for the seminar was basically Toasts and Hip-Hop. I still have my CDs of *Gil Scot-Heron* and *The Last Poets*. I'm out of the program now, but I run into the professor every once in a while at Wal-mart. Anyway, he said that if you listen to the lyrics of Earth, Wind and Fire, they talk about some serious stuff. Very good lyrics, he said. Would you look at me funny if you ran into me on the street, grooving to Earth, Wind and Fire?

    ReplyDelete