02 September 2005

Game, Set, Match

Today after school I decided to take up a teacher's invitation to play tennis with the Tennis Club at my high school. I haven't played tennis since my college days, but I was keen on the idea. Tennis is fun. So I went. Man, did I ever embarrass myself. While I have good foot movement, my racket handling and control is terrible, to put it lightly. I had balls flying everywhere except the opposite side of the court. Against me, those girls looked like Sharapova or the Williams sisters.

The highlight of the day was a doubles match involving me and the three coaches. Guess whose team lost? Right. Now, guess how many games we actually won? One? That's one too many, my friend. I think something like 80% of my serves were double faults. I've crossed out U.S. Open champ as one of my goals later in life. Now I can go back to other things, like wowing the students with my post-up skills in basketball.

No comments:

Post a Comment