12 September 2009

Weekly Update: Going Green

I'm gonna have to reorganize my blog yet again. Nowadays I have no time on the computer during the week. After work and dinner, my wife takes the computer the rest of the night. In a sense she's not being selfish; she's often looking for ways to earn frequent flier miles so we can travel for free, or she's hunting for online discount coupons to help us save money. That helps both of us. But it means less time to blog.

So here's my latest grand idea. Long updates on the weekends, and short posts and pictures during the week when I'm able.

To begin this first weekly update on an exciting note... I'm starting a garden! Yes, I'm man enough to admit that. It's a balcony garden, to be exact, since we live in a condominium with no yard.

I'm starting off slowly. I planted baby lettuce, cabbage and broccoli, as well as thyme, chamomile, lavender and one tulip bulb. The tulip will not bloom until next spring, but I'm expecting results from the others within the next few weeks. The lettuce should start coming out of the dirt in two or three weeks. I'll try to keep you updated with posts and pictures. If I fail, it will be out there for all to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment