14 June 2008

More Stormy Times, and the Road to Lahaina

I told you earlier about the troubles between my wife and her mother at Disney World in March. Well, get ready for Part II. In Oahu and Waikiki, everything was fine. But almost from the moment we arrived in Maui, there was tension between my wife on one side, and her mother and sister on the other side.

I won't go into too much detail, since these are my family matters, after all. I will tell you this, though: my wife has different views on travelling from her mother and sister. My wife likes to go exploring, go driving, see as many sights as possible in the time that we have. My mother-in-law and sister-in-law, however, like shopping and relaxing, taking things at a leisurely pace. (If you are wondering, I'm somewhere in the middle.) That was the crux of the problem.

Things came to a head the morning after our arrival in Maui, when the three of them had an argument. To take my wife's mind off of things, we took a drive up to Lahaina - a beautiful drive, mind you! Take a look at the pictures below and tell me if I'm wrong.




Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. awwww, maui!!! my home!!!! you guys have to come when i move back:)

    ReplyDelete