14 October 2008

English buddy

It was a dark and stormy night...

Nah, I'm just pulling your leg. But it was raining today.

As with every Tuesday, today I worked at the small private high school in Osaka city I told you about before. In that post, I also told you about the infamous morning class. That class had a new student today, a 17-year-old girl with amazing English skills! I guess living abroad for several years will do that to you.

I was actually at a loss as to what to do in that class. I prepared a lesson I did previously with other students, but made it a bit harder for her (I had some knowledge of her level before class, but obviously not enough). That lesson was way too easy for her, and she finished it up only halfway through the class. I was left with nothing to do except talk, which she had absolutely no problems doing in English.

But I wonder if I actually taught her anything, or if I was just her "English buddy" for the day.

This small senior high school is really keeping me on my toes, I tell you.

No comments:

Post a Comment