08 September 2007

Hawaii Trip - Part III


If you ever go to Haleiwa, North Shore, Oahu, you should check out the landmark that is the Matsumoto Grocery Store. Here I am enjoying a shave ice (that's what they call a snow cone) purchased inside the store.


That shave ice, good as it may have been, was nothing compared to one of my favorite foods in the world, Spam musubi. A slice of Spam cooked in soy sauce, placed on top of sticky rice, and wrapped in seaweed, there's nothing else like it. Ummmm.... one of the highlights of my Hawaii trip, for sure. After 11 years without it, you can't blame me.


A shot of Chinaman's Hat, off the coast of the Windward side of Oahu, Hawaii.


A statue of King Kamehameha, Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. come on!! SPAM sushi...sounds like a really bad joke, not fine dining. Don't get me wrong. I am all about some sushi/sashimi... but SPAM?!?! Also, what makes that a musubi? I don't think I have heard of that before.
    -James

    ReplyDelete